Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 1, 2014

The Nesting Place {A Book Review}

It's not every day that I blog about a books.  (In fact, I'm not sure that I ever have during the past 7 years that I've been blogging.) But this week, I read a book that really spoke to me & I wanted to share it with you - The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith.  And, I saw that (today only) the Kindle version is on sale for $1.99!!!  I bought the hardback version & it's just beautiful, inside & out.
This is the first home decorating book that I've read cover-to-cover. In fact, I just got the book a few days ago & couldn't put it down.

The cover is what initially grabbed my attention.  I'm not going to lie, I love a pretty package.  ;)  But what really caught my eye was the title.  It was done by Lindsay Letters who I'm a HUGE fan of!  She's designed several products for Studio Calico over the past year & has a beautiful online shop.

The author, Myquillyn Smith, is a popular blogger at The Nester.  She's the kind of writer that immediately makes you feel like a friend that you've known for years.
 It's definitely not your traditional decor book and although the photos are beautiful, the real beauty of this book are the words. I felt like the author really spoke to my heart & in just a few day's time, has changed the way I look at my home.

Even though this book isn't the type that tells you to "put this there" or "paint this that color", I feel completely inspired to decorate & make my house feel like a home. I've been frozen for years, living in a house that I've failed to see immediate potential because we have a very limited income. I love that the author understands what it's like to be in my shoes & I closed the book feeling like I could do so much with the little that we have.

It's an awesome read & I'm so glad that I took the plunge & ordered the book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover